Skilled Nursing and Critical Care for Sub-Acute Pediatric Patients
Finding suitable medical facilities that can handle a wide range of pediatric medical cases can be a challenge, especially when the child needs to be discharged from the hospital to continue therapy and and follow a plan of care developed for the child.
You need to make sure that the facility:
- Has pediatric physicians who are skilled in caring for medically fragile children
- Is staffed with highly skilled nurses who can handle a wide range of medical conditions
- Has quality rehabilitation services and facilities
- Caters to a child’s individual needs and the needs of their families
- Is available to admit the child at any time
Look no further, NEPC is your answer.
Our post-hospitalization program is specifically designed to work with hospitals and referring facilities to maintain the high quality of care and ensure every child gets the proper medical care and therapy needed to get back to their families and home life.
Learn more about post-hospitalization here.
The care team includes attending physicians, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, special education teachers, therapeutic recreation specialists and licensed certified social workers. These professionals collaborate to provide personalized care to medically fragile children.
Learn more about our top notch staff here.
How to Make a Referral
NEPC is a 24-hour-a-day, 7-day a week facility so we can take a referral at any time and a child can be admitted at any time during the day or night. We have three types of admissions: [post-hospitalization], [short-term], and [long term] care. To get started, we will need to take these steps:
- Contact Stacey MacLean who is the Social Worker at (978) 667-5123 to initiate the referral process, or you may ask for Ellen O’Gorman, Executive Director, or Mary Whalen, Director of Nursing. You may also contact us by email.
- A screening appointment will be arranged to allow NEPC to become familiar with the child and their family and to assess the child’s medical needs
- Develop goals for the admission
- NEPC will be happy to facilitate the completion of DPH’s Medical Review Team Application — download Application for Certification here